The first call for STSMs in the ADMIRE network has now ended with 4 projects getting underway in the coming weeks.
STSM Update Name: Ms. Martina Maase
- Home Lab: Dr. Kristina Kusche-Vihrog, Institute of Physiology II, University of Munster, Germany
- Host Lab: Prof. Stefan Chlopicki, Jagiellonian Centre for Experimental Therapeutics, (JCET), Jagiellion University, Kracow, Poland
- Project Title: Multimodal Assessment of endothelial (dys)function of ex vivo vessels from ApoE/LDLR-/- mice
Name: Dr. Alessandra Feraco
- Home Lab: Dr. Massimiliano Caprio, IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana – Research Center, Laboratory of Cardiovascular Endocrinology, Rome, Italy
- Host Lab: Prof. Frederic Jaisser Head of Department, Integrative Physiology and Pathophysiology, Cordeliers Research Centre, INSERM, Paris, France
- Project Title: Cross-talk between adipose tissue and myocardium: role of Mineralocorticoid Receptor on adipose secretome in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease.
Name: Dr.Cristiana Catena
- Home Lab: Prof. Leonardo A. Sechi, MD, Head Clinical Department of Internal Medicine, University of Udine, Italy
- Host Lab: Prof. Dr. med. Burkert Pieske, Head, Department of Cardiology, Medical University Graz, Austria.
- Project Title: Detection of early changes in left ventricular diastolic function by Tissue-Doppler imaging in patients with primary hypertension free of cardiovascular complications and to examine their relationships with aldosterone
Name: Ms. Sinead Quinn
- Home Lab: Prof. Brian Harvey, Head, Department of Molecular Medicine, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland.
- Host Lab: Prof. Christoph Korbmacher,Institute for Cellular and Molecular Physiology, University Erlangan-Nurnberg, Germany
- Project Title: Evaluating protein kinase D isoform expression along the distal nephron